Winery was lovingly established in late 1995 as a family undertaking, with the
first plantings in 1990 at the hands of vintner John Calvin and his two young
sons, Ross and Clayton.
The Tasting Room opened in August 1997 and a winery building, with
a commemorative Tricentennial bell tower (picture right), was completed in the
autumn of 2004. In 2008, a new barrel
aging and storage facility, including the Founder’s Rotunda, was built in order
to expand production capability of the winery and hold special events for
winery members and special guests.
In 2010, Mr.
& Mrs. Calvin moved out of the home they built on the property and turned
it into the 1629 Club. This is a new
level of membership to the winery which includes access to the private club
among many other benefits.
& Barrel Aging Room